Friday, March 19, 2010

So it's been over a year...

since I posted last. Let me explain (OK, make excuses) as to why. Rewind to June 2008... about 3 weeks before She Speaks, I miscarried. At She Speaks, I had a powerful prayer time literally at the foot of a huge cross. I left She Speaks uplifted and inspired and refreshed. Fast Forward two months later... I'm pregnant and tired beyond belief. I only managed to handle the essentials: home and work and church, that's it. Barely anything extra. OK, my book club, but I almost count that as essential. The first three months of pregnancy were plagued with severe all-day sickness and extreme exhaustion, along with a fear that this pregnancy, too, would end badly. Fast Forward 6 months later... #3 made his debut and completed our family trilogy (he's our third boy). I have thought about this blog a great deal over the last year and a half, between middle-of-the-night feedings, organizing my new 5-person family, changing diapers, working full-time, shuttling #1 to and from school (and soccer and football and playdates), keeping up with the issues that arose with #2 when #3 came along, keeping up a household, etc., etc., etc., I just haven't made it back. So, without further ado, I am going to try and blog once a week. Try is the operative word and don't tell me what Yoda would say about "try". I hope to blog about what God is saying to me, teaching me, leading me to do. I hope you'll be along for the ride.

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Welcome back, Beautiful!!! I've missed you and can't wait to read some of what God has been teaching you and speaking to you!!! I love you, BIG! Hugs, Amy from Table 20

Anonymous said...

Tara,

I am excited by this new goal of yours to blog weekly! I look forward to reading about what God is teaching you.
:) Amelia