Friday, August 1, 2008

Puddles and Bubbles

My boys were getting ready for the bath last night. Elijah, 5, went potty and then Ethan, 2.5 (not potty trained), saunters up to his brother and says "I go potty, too!" He stands in front of the toilet, widens his stance (genetic?), and attempts to aim. Now, the top of the toilet comes up to his belly-button, so he is essentially aiming at the floor. Which is not all that uncommon for the newly-potty-trained boy variety. Nor is it all that uncommon for veteran 30-something potty-ers of the male persuasion. I love Clorox wipes. So Ethan stands there, gives it a little shake, and, assuming this pee thing happens on demand, looks up at me and says, "It's no working. It's broken."

Today we're in the pool and Elijah squats down to push off of the step and passes gas. He says, like his mommy taught him, "Excuse me", followed by (not taught his mommy), "Did you see bubbles coming out of my bum, honey?"

Then we're getting out of the pool and Elijah is absolutely dancing with full bladder syndrome. I don't want him running through the house wet, so I tell him to go potty over in some dirt by our back slider. He hustles over there butt-naked and proceeds to do his business. When he's done, he looks over his shoulder at me and says "Did you see how big my puddle of pee is? I peed all the way to the wall, honey!"

What is it with boys/men and their bodily emissions?

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Ah, you were up blogging late, my Friend! :-) I do the same thing. Don't you just love the cardboard testimony? Wow. I was bawling yesterday watching it. God is SO good. The thought of a welcoming committee in Heaven is almost more than I can take. Whew.

Cracking up...love Clorox wipes and boys and their pee, oh yah! So, we live out in the "country" (1/2 hour from the "city") and Liam has the smalled bladder. So, one day Geoff stopped at a field to let him go out the door. After he was done, Sara piped up with, "Liam, you peed on the grass! (excited) Next time pee on the toy-wet. (serious)" Too funny! Love you girl!

Tara said...

I don't sleep well when Uriel is out of town.
I am praying about how to witness to a Mormon friend and I really want to talk to her about the Cardboard Testimonies, because if you don't have an encounter with the true God, then you aren't changed. I want her to be able to see how the one true God manifests Himself in changed lives. Doesn't happen in Mormonism. I watched a couple Mormon "testimonies" last night on You Tube. They're more like court testimonies - a series of events that led them to attend the church, but no stories of "out of the miry clay" or healing or ANYTHING about an encounter with God. It was very sad to me.